Salesforce Admin Training in Lightning
Starting from scratch? Here's where you'll learn everything you need to know for the Admin Certification Exam and "on the job" best practices.
Get started now!
The official November 2020 course dates are November 2nd - 13th
Enroll today and get early access to all of the course materials in advance!
Start1.1 Start here
Preview1.2 Introductions & Overview (24:09)
Start1.3 What is a Salesforce Admin? (29:33)
Start1.4 What is a Salesforce Developer? (4:19)
Preview1.5 Responsibilities of a Salesforce Admin (53:31)
Start1.6 Attributes of Great Salesforce Admins (42:08)
Start1.7 Understanding Salesforce Products (6:46)
Start1.8 Understanding Classic vs. Lightning Experience (13:26)
Start📺 DAY 1 LIVESTREAM ARCHIVE (207:38)
Start📚 ADDITIONAL RESOURCES FOR THIS TOPIC
Start3.1 Set up the company profile (34:43)
Start3.2 Configure the user interface (102:19)
Start3.3 Set up activities and calendars (12:05)
Start3.4 Configure search settings (6:08)
Start3.5 Set up Chatter groups (10:51)
Start3.6 Salesforce Mobile App Customization (17:32)
Start📺 DAY 3 LIVESTREAM ARCHIVE (195:29)
Get started now!
This course is perfect for you if you're:
- preparing to sit for the Salesforce Administrator Certification Exam;
- brand new to Salesforce, and don't know the difference between an object, field, record or record type;
- already a Certified Salesforce Admin, and super comfortable in Classic, but the idea of doing any configuration in Lightning gives you a panic attack;
- eager to learn some of the insanely cool, easy-to-use, powerful drag and drop features of Lightning, allowing Admins to dramatically modify the layout, navigation, features and components appearing on screens..practically anywhere in Salesforce.
Relax. You're not expected to have any Salesforce experience (or certifications) before taking this course.
There are, however, a few things you will need to do before our first day, in order to ensure that you're set on the right path and get the most out of our class.
For example, you will need to:
- Join our private Facebook Group for our November 2020 course. This is where our daily live sessions will take place, and tons of online collaboration/discussion.
- Start a brand new FREE Salesforce Developer Account: In order to follow along with the course materials, you will need to have access to a brand new, totally untouched Salesforce account. You DO NOT want to use your "regular" Trailhead Playground, your company's sandbox or production account, or any other existing Developer account.
- Make sure that you have a username and password to access your FREE account on Trailhead. If you don't already have one, please create one before Day 1.
- Save the URL for this Trailmix on Trailhead, as it will be your "digital textbook" for this course.
- Make sure to complete this Prework Trailmix on Trailhead. If you are completely brand new to Salesforce, this could take you approximately 4 hours to complete. If you've been using Salesforce for some time, you could potentially complete the entire Trailmix in about 30 minutes.
That's it! It's really that simple.
- Structured and AWESOME instructor led certification prep,
- Confidence building for new or self taught admins,
- Creative thoughts and implementation ideas :) - J.V.
- Gain confidence,
- Expand your knowledge, and
- Actually enjoy Salesforce! - L.S.
- I'm now able to accomplish in Lightning what I used to do in Classic.
- I learned about new Lightning apps and features that I had no prior knowledge of or familiarity with.
- I can and will become a Superstar Admin, and it helped in building a strong foundation for my career in the Salesforce ecosystem. - N.J.
- Learning new/fresh ways of doing things;
- Preparation for the certification exam;
- The format allows for networking and learning from others as well -- I enjoyed exchanging ideas and information with people in the class and seeing people share and help you with providing answers/solutions to questions/problems that were asked. - G.W.
- Get to know the Salesforce environment from scratch, and the difference between an Admin and a Developer.
- Improve my Business Analysis Skills and Experience
- Get to know some Best Practices from an Experienced Person like David. - JB
- Understanding and becoming comfortable with the Lightning UI from an Administrator role.
- Learning Best Practices.
- The ability for students to ask the instructor specific questions as it pertains to real-world situations. - P.M.
- I will look like a rockstar to my users.
- I have more confidence.
- I have a broader knowledge of the super powers of lightning. - P.M.
- Great exposure.
- Good to reference and
- Help round out concepts before going for certification. - P.M.
Absolutely. If you don't walk away from this class with a notebook littered with items to either cross reference or implement in your own Org, you weren't paying attention. I am so glad that I ran across you on LinkedIn. Thank you for doing what you do. You may want to go ahead and file for a pre-emptive restraining order as I do plan on stalking you until you finally cave and release an advanced admin class 😉. - L.S.
ABSOLUTELY!! You’re going to have my daughter in the next course! - G.W.
Here's some additional feedback from previous students: