Project Management Skills for Salesforce Admins
Learn the Project Management Skills Needed to Succeed as a Salesforce Admin
THE CONTENT FOR THIS COURSE WILL BE UPLOADED DURING THE WEEK OF JULY 20, 2020
Salesforce Admins often find themselves thrown into a Project Management role. When mastered successfully, project management skills will allow you to help shape the success of the organization, implement new technology, change the business landscape and have influence over all areas of the organization.
In this course we will cover the basics of project management. In this fundamental course, we will explore the big picture of project management and the project management life cycle.
Upon completion of this course, you will have a solid understanding of project management, what your role and responsibilities should be as a project manager and how to grow your career as a project manager.
This course is designed for Salesforce Admins who are new to project management. You will learn the major components of the project management lifecycle including:
- Initiating a Salesforce project
- Planning a Salesforce project
- Executing a Salesforce project
- Monitoring and controlling a Salesforce project
- Closing a Salesforce project
This course also includes multiple downloadable checklists, templates and other online resources to make your life easier, implement the skills you will learn in this course and take your learning even further.
Project Management Concepts
- What is a project?
- Project manager roles & responsibilities
- Project management life cycle
Initiating a Salesforce Project
- Why structure it as a project?
- Business analysis of project management
- Creating a project charter
- Identifying the project stakeholders
Planning a Salesforce Project
- Defining the project management plan
- Writing the project scope statement
- Creating the project schedule
- Estimating the costs of a project
- Planning for project quality
- Planning to manage project risks
Executing a Salesforce Project
- Doing the project work
- Managing the project team
- Hosting effective and valuable project team meetings
- Communicating project status
- Managing the project stakeholders
Monitoring and Controlling a Salesforce Project
- Controlling the project work
- Managing and controlling the project team
- Controlling project communications
- Keeping project stakeholders engaged
Closing a Salesforce Project
- Closing a phase
- Closing the project