How to Simplify Your Salesforce Screens
Learn how to customize your Salesforce UI to delight your team and make training a breeze!
Get started now!
This course is perfect for you if you're:
- a Salesforce Administrator;
- working in an organization that is using Lightning Experience;
- getting feedback from your end user that the screens in Salesforce are overwhelming, confusing, frustrating;
- finding it difficult to train your colleagues on how to use Salesforce as end users.
As Salesforce Admins, most of us have never been trained in user interface design.
Even worse, is when our co-workers (who also have no experience in user interface design) have all sorts of interesting ideas on how to structure the screens in Salesforce, only to discover that after you do exactly what they asked for...they are frustrated to the point of saying "the system sucks."
What makes things worse, is that the native, default, out-of-the-box screens in Salesforce Lightning Experience are...less than ideal. They aren't simple. They aren't consistent (across various records) and they aren't easy to use.
As Salesforce Administrators, we're pretty lucky, because Salesforce gives us some incredibly simple, and easy-to-follow ways that we can address these issues, without breaking into a sweat and without writing a single line of code.
I created this mini-course to help address these issues and help you look like a rockstar to your team.
In this course you will learn how to give your Salesforce screens a total makeover, by following three fundamental and basic principles:
- ease of use
I will walk you through how you can modify the overall navigation, the homepage and record pages to make your team's life easier, by getting rid of the clutter, applying a consistent layout across all objects, and showing your users precisely what they need, when they need it.
The frosting on the cake is that once you're done, you will find that end user training will be a breeze...because the system will feel intuitive, simple and easy to use.
While there aren't any technical pre-requisites at all, in order for YOU to know precisely who needs to see what, and which customization options to apply for your team, you should have:
- Identified and reviewed (in detail) all of the business processes that intersect with Salesforce;
- Reviewed all of your users, with a solid understanding of the functional teams within your user base, and having foundational knowledge of WHO DOES WHAT within the organization.
- Attained deep knowledge of your existing database architecture, to know how objects, fields and records are related to each other, identified and removed redundant objects and fields.
- Become familiar with your company's current integrations, apps and various tools that synchronize with Salesforce.
If you haven't yet accomplished these items, check out my course HOW TO CLEAN YOUR SALESFORCE ORG, where I walk you through these steps in detail.
StartWelcome Video (3:54)
StartLesson 1 - Navigation Tabs (11:13)
StartLesson 2 - Set Component Visibility (8:30)
StartLesson 3 - Compact Layout (5:48)
StartLesson 4 - Simplifying Record Pages (10:10)
StartLesson 5 - Path (14:29)
StartLesson 6 - Hide Components No Longer Relevant (3:31)
StartLesson 7 - Duplicate Notification (1:34)
StartLesson 8 - Global Actions (7:44)
StartLesson 9 - Utility Bar (9:07)
StartLesson 10 - Homepage Customizations (12:20)
Start🟢 Unlock your $400 discount